If only I knew then what I know now...
I wouldn't have wasted so much money on stuff I barely used. And maybe I could have prevented all those adorable "must haves" for my baby from cluttering the garage in sometimes as little as a few months!

Bottles




Even if you plan to breastfeed, you'll probably need bottles at some point. I can't believe how many options are around these days. I must say- your best bet is the standard old Gerber bottle.
price- 3 8oz. bottles for $4.50

Nobody needs to spend $10 on a single bottle. Just because the brand name for the bottle is "Dr. Someone" doesn't mean it's healthier. And whoever tells you that a baby will accept only a certain type of nipple, or that other bottles are toxic but not theirs, or that it decreases gas, well, they just want you to buy their $10 bottle. And let's face it, the ones that are made to look like a breast are just plain wierd.

If you have a fussy baby or a picky eater, chances are they will still be that way no matter what bottle you offer them, so you might as well just get the standard, bargain priced one.

With my first child, I bought every bottle on the market. He was fussy, gassy, and spitty no matter what. With my last child, all he ever knew was the Gerber one and he did just fine. It's the child, not the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment